Exercise Video 3:
Practice along with Jeffrey Zagaria as he plays and demonstrates the exercise routine for “Know Your Voice” Vdeo Lesson 3. Jeffrey adds even more tips and encouragement while you practice along to the prescribed exercises. This exercise routine is customized for a student’s practice of foundational principles including:
- Three new vocal posture exercises
- Continued strengthening of technique developed in Videos 1 and 2
- Classical Vocal Posture and ZVM Posture objectives
- Releasing Uncontrolled Tension in the back and upper torso.
- Releasing Uncontrolled Tension will enhance singers of any style of music.
- Chest position
- The rib cage
- Stretching and releasing techniques
- Using posture exercises while continuing to practice the building blocks learned in Lesson one and two.
- Improved tone and breath control due to improved posture
- More on development of muscle coordination, flexibility, dexterity, strength, balance, timing, and stamina
- A prescribed 40 minute exercise routine for this lesson
- Building more vocal stamina
A Must for Singers
Posted by Shawn Malaney on 3rd Jul 2015
This is the 3rd in a series of videos that I use for repairing my voice. I came to Jeffery Zagaria in mid 2015, after a serious strain in my voice due to multiple factors. I have been a singer (pro and semi-pro) for almost 50 years and have sung multiple musical styles from Opera to Rock. Jeffery's guidance and these videos put me on the road to recovery but more importantly re-emphasized the fundamentals that had slipped a bit over the years, and made me challenge and rethink some of my habits around my singing style. I can safely say that Jeffery's tutorials, if followed as laid out, will help anyone become a better singer. I can't say enough about what a great teacher he is, and how much he has help me reinvigorate my singing career. All 4 of these videos combined have been a tremendous help to me.