Audio Lesson 1:
Lesson Audio 1 is the first building block in the Zagaria Vocal Method. Jeffrey Zagaria teaches foundational principles that include:
- Uncontrolled Tension
- Common areas Uncontrolled Tension occurs
- Using controlled tension for expressiveness while singing
- How releasing Uncontrolled tension will lead to better tone, a larger vocal range, and a healthier voice among other benefits.
- How to begin releasing Uncontrolled Tension
- Fatherly philosophy of success that has been passed on.
- Chest Voice
- Head Voice
- Vocalizing and Singing
- Volume and Tone
- Methods to decrease Jaw Tension
- Intro to Vocal Therapy
- The Italian Vowel “A”
- Three Note Major Scale
- Neck Tension
- An exercise routine for this lesson.
Audio Lesson 2:
Lesson Audio 2 is the next step in the Zagaria Vocal Method. Jeffrey Zagaria continues teaching foundational principles that include:
- Building upon the foundation learned in Lesson 1.
- Performance with the voice
- A “cracking” or “breaking” voice
- More on enhanced Vocalizing and exercising of the voice
- The Zagaria Vocal Method’s use as a complimentary method to other sound vocal techniques.
- The Zagaria Vocal Method’s use as a primary vocal method.
- More about muscle control.
- Objectives of muscle coordination, strength, and flexibility.
- Warming up, stretching, and strengthening ones voice.
- Five Note Major Scale
- Tongue position
- Getting looser
- Breath Control
- How releasing tension in the throat, jaw, and tongue effects Breath Control.
- Breathy tone
- Improving tone and volume control
- An exercise routine for this lesson
Audio Lesson 3:
Lesson Audio 3 is the third step in the Zagaria Vocal Method. Jeffrey Zagaria continues teaching foundational building blocks that include:
- The next step of vocal foundation built upon principles learned in Lesson Video 1 and 2 for new levels of muscular development.
- Vocal Posture
- Classical Vocal Posture and ZVM Posture objectives
- Releasing Uncontrolled Tension in the back and upper torso
- Releasing Uncontrolled Tension will enhance singers of any style of music.
- Chest position
- The rib cage
- A true story about working with an athletic trainer
- Three new posture exercises
- Using posture exercises while continuing to practice the building blocks learned in Lesson one and two.
- Examples of bad posture and how it effects our overall tone.
- Improved tone and breath control due to improved posture
- More on development of muscle coordination, flexibility, dexterity, strength, balance, timing, and stamina
- Addressing Speech Level and other 20th century vocal techniques
- A prescribed 40 minute exercise routine for this lesson
- Building more vocal stamina
Audio Lesson 4:
Lesson Audio 4 is the fourth and final step in the “Know Your Voice” the Zagaria Vocal Method - The Foundation series. Jeffrey Zagaria teaches more foundational building blocks that include:
- The Full Vocal Range
- The Passaggio
- More on the Chest Voice
- More on the Head Voice
- More on “Cracking” and “Breaking”
- The “Break Point”
- How many voices a person has
- Definition of Resonate
- Good vocal vibrations and where they resonate
- Developing the Chest Voice and Head Voice first
- Good signs of releasing Uncontrolled Tension - awkwardness
- Going flat or sharp while releasing Uncontrolled Tension
- Greater breath control
- The Mixed Voice
- Three Note Major Scale over the Full Vocal Range
- Five Note Major Scale over the Full Vocal Range
- Wrapping up the Know Your Voice - The Foundation Series
- A prescribed 50 minute exercise routine of this lesson
- Building even more vocal stamina
You can find Video Lessons here: http://vimeo.com/ondemand/kyv
"Know Your Voi...